- The Link Between Labor and Broadband (NCC Sept. 2021)
- “Some states have explored improving workforce preparation and digital skills training through broadband councils. For instance, the Illinois Broadband Advisory Council and West Virginia Broadband Enhancement Deployment Council were similarly directed to explore increased use of broadband service in education as well as career preparation and training.”
- Engaging with Local, State, and Federal Officials Through Broadband Surveys and Speed Tests (NCC Nov. 19, 2021)
- “On October 7, 2021, Illinois Governor JB Pritzker and the Department of Commerce & Economic Opportunity announced the creation of the Illinois Broadband Lab, which includes a new interactive Connect Illinois Broadband Map with speed test results and county level broadband maps”
- Connecting Illinois Residents (NCC Sept. 9, 2020)
- Local Officials Share Insights on How Broadband Impacts Population Growth, Economic Development, and Education in Illinois (NCC May 18, 2020)
- Members: Carbondale, Champaign, Highland, Jacksonville, and Urbana
- Included in Citizen’s National Broadband Map https://www.geopartnersllc.com/#NationalMap
- Governor Pritzker announces new interactive broadband mapping and speed test tools to expand access to high speed internet in communities across the state (Springfield, IL) – Governor JB Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (DCEO) Office of Broadband announced a new interactive Connect Illinois Broadband Map and creation of the Illinois Broadband Lab, a collaborative effort by the State of Illinois, university partners including the University of Illinois System and Illinois Innovation Network, and key stakeholders including the Illinois-based Benton Institute for Broadband & Society.
- Girl Scouts partner with PCs for the People to distribute devices in Southern Illinois
- Universal Broadband in Illinois (December 2020)
- Seniors unable to make vaccine appointments (Feb. 2021)
- “We understand why everyone wants to get this vaccine. But if we look at who’s dying from COVID 96% of the COVID deaths in Illinois are older adults for older adults need to get priority, and not only control they should be first in line, but affirmative ways to get them connected to those appointments and getting them physically there,” Anderson said.
- Broadband Illinois
- The Partnership for a Connected Illinois (PCI) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization based in Springfield, Illinois. PCI seeks to advance the deployment and adoption of high-speed internet services and information technology which has resulted in enhanced economic development and public safety for Illinois’ communities, improved healthcare and educational opportunities and a better quality of life for the state’s residents. PCI’s mission is to maximize broadband’s impact and use, especially in providing access to healthcare through telehealth. The deployment and adoption of high-speed internet services and information technology will result in advanced health and prosperity for the people of Illinois. Continued progress in the deployment and adoption of high-speed internet services and information technology is vital to ensuring that Illinois remains competitive and continues to create business and job growth.