Deb Socia, our fearless leader, is taking a new position as the CEO and President of the Enterprise Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee. We will be very sorry to see her go, but wish her all the best in her exciting new role!
Information about the Executive Director position may be found below. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cat Blake (email@example.com) by May 15, 2019. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
The Executive Director’s primary responsibility will be the development and strategic leadership of the Next-Century Cities project, with a key focus on building and coordinating the project’s 21st Century Leadership Forum of elected officials and other city leaders.
Location: Washington, DC
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
– Set and execute the overall strategy for the project
– Recruit mayors and other elected officials to become members of Next Century Cities
– Help conceptualize and coordinate key projects, including city-to-city learning, policymaker education, resource creation and curation, and demonstration projects
– Lead the media strategy, including identifying and executing press opportunities
– Liaise with and continue the conversation among elected leaders
– Lead day-to-day operations of the project
– Lead fundraising
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
– Bachelor’s Degree
– Working knowledge of the following: Broadband infrastructure builds (types, methods, challenges), spectrum, tech policy
– Creating and managing organizational budgets
– Writing grants and implementing grant projects
– Skilled public speaker
– Comfortable working collaboratively as part of a small, focused, and highly effective team
Valued and Non-Essential Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Ability
– Strong network of city and county connections
– Strong knowledge of broadband adoption issues as well as successful interventions
– Experience educating lawmakers at the state and national level
– Exceptional communicator
– Extremely well organized, detail-oriented and analytical
– Flexible, able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
– Sense of humor and willingness to use it
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to Cat Blake (firstname.lastname@example.org). Due date: May 15, 2019.
Next Century Cities Careers
Next Century Cities is a project of New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.